Intergrain Timber Vision Awards 2017
The Promoter is Cabot’s Australia a division of DuluxGroup (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 67 000 049 427) of 1956 Dandenong Rd, Clayton 3168, Victoria, Australia.
Game of skill
The Promotion will commence at 9.00 am (AEST) 1 May 2017 and close at midnight (12am) (AEST) 9 July 2017 (Promotion Period).
This promotion is only open to Architects, Landscape Architects, Specifiers and design professionals who reside in Australia or New Zealand. Employees (and their Immediate Families) of the Promoter, or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or any agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. “Employees” means any directors, management, employees, concessionaires, consultants, officers and contractors or other such people who perform work under the control of another in exchange for payment. “Immediate Family(ies)” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin and the persons referred to above includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter).
The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
How to enter
Intergrain Timber Vision Awards 2017 consists of two award components:
- ‘Project Awards’ – awarded for individual projects completed in the last 18 months, in five categories.
- ‘Travel Bursary Award’ – awarded to an Architectural firm for an individual project where Intergrain Timber Finishes were used.
To be eligible to enter the Intergrain Timber Vision Awards 2017 ‘Project Awards’, entrants must:
- Design and build an article as the entrant’s entry into the competition which falls within at least one of the five competition categories;
- The project must clearly display a significant proportion of timber,
- Majority of timber coatings used must not be opaque, and,
- The project must have been completed between 1 January 2016 and 30 June 2017.
The competition categories are:
- Residential Interior - the internal use of timber in any building used as a private residence.
- Residential Exterior - the external use of timber in any building or structure used as a private residence.
- Commercial Interior - the internal use of timber in any building used as a commercial, industrial or public space.
- Commercial Exterior - the external use of timber in any building used as a commercial, industrial or public space.
- Landscape – the external use of timber in any landscape used as a commercial, residential, industrial or public space.
To be eligible to enter the Intergrain Timber Vision Awards 2017 ‘Travel Bursary Award’, entrants must:
- Enter at least one project into the Intergrain Timber Vision Awards 2017 ‘Project Awards’,
- Intergrain Timber Finishes must have been used within the project.
To be considered for an award during the Promotion Period, entrants are required to log on to www.intergrain.com.au and follow the prompts to the competition details. Entrants must complete the online entry form;
- Entrants must provide the following personal details: full name, organisation (if applicable), address, a day time contact number or mobile phone number and an email address.
- Entrants must provide the category that they are entering (either, residential interior, residential exterior, commercial interior, commercial exterior or landscape), their project details including project name, project address, architect or designer and photographer, and a project description (maximum of 250 words) which provides the judges with a short overview of the context of the building, the type of business (if relevant) and its location. Entries should also include the species of all timber(s) used and coatings used. Please note that the use of Intergrain products is not a criteria for judging the ‘Project Awards’, however if Intergrain timber finishes have been used, please specify the product details. The use of of Intergrain products is criteria for judging the ‘Travel Bursary’
- Entrants are required to provide digital photographs of the project they are entering. Images must be uploaded to the competition website (follow prompts at intergrain.com.au) as part of the online entry process. Images of the project must be provided in non-compressed JPEG or TIF format, above 1MB in size to a maximum 5MB in size, at least 300dpi (where possible) and in colour. Entrants must ensure the name of each image supplied includes the entrant’s name, project name, photographers name and image number. Please note that professional photography is not required as long as the images provided are a good representation of the project. Entrants may submit a minimum of three images and a maximum of five, comprising a wide shot and close up shots.
- If entering the ‘Travel Bursary Award’, entrants must express an interest in entering the award.
Entries must be the entrant's original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant's original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
Judging of entries will be undertaken by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter and will occur on 3 August 2017.
- Valid entries will be reviewed and in the opinion of the judges, selected and judged as finalists for the ‘Competition Categories’ and/or the ‘Travel Bursary Award’.
- One individual entry, in the opinion of the judges, will be selected from all valid entries in each category and judged as the ‘Category’ winner.
- One individual entry, in the opinion of the judges, will be selected from the Travel Bursary entries and judged as the ‘Travel Bursary’ winner.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creative merit of their entry. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in the case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is selected as the winner.
Finalists will be notified by 14 August 2017.
The winner will be announced at the Awards Announcement Breakfast during September 2017. The winner will be contacted by phone or email within 5 days of the announcement. In the event an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is selected as the winner, the judges will select another winner from the remaining entries which they determine to be the next best.
Winners will be published online at www.intergrain.com.au after the conclusion of the Awards Announcement Breakfast and before 30 September 2017.
- ‘Project Awards’ – five (5) prizes will be awarded in total;
- Each ‘Category Winner’ will receive (i) a A$2,000 cash prize; (ii) their winning project published in the November/Dec 2017 issue of Architecture Australia, and, (iii) Intergrain product (to a maximum 100L).
- ‘Travel Bursary Award’ – one (1) prize will be awarded in total. Winner will receive (i) A$15,000 cash prize to go towards an overseas study tour, and, (ii) their study tour report published in a relevant Architecture Australia publication during early 2019.
If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion,
reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
Travel Bursary conditions:
- Before being provided with the A$15,000 Travel Bursary, the Travel Bursary winner must present their proposed itinerary for an international study tour for the approval of the Promoter.
- The Travel Bursary winner is responsible for booking all flights and accommodation.
- In no circumstances will the Promoter assume any responsibility or liability for any actions (or inaction) by the winner in dealing with the Travel Bursary Prize.
- The Travel Bursary Prize is the provision of money only and does not include:
- any transport between a traveller’s residence and the departure airport;
- any overnight accommodation while travelling to the departure airport or destination;
- any other travel or accommodation;
- any incidental hotel charges (such as mini-bar charges, telephone calls, in house movies, food and beverages);
- any insurance (such as travel or health cover), any vaccinations or other medical or health related services;
- any other ancillary costs which may be incurred by those travelling.
- The Travel Bursary Prize must be taken by 30 June 2018.
- The Travel Bursary winner must be available to present a CPD (Continuing Professional Development) seminar in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane during August-October 2018.
- The Travel Bursary winner must submit an 800-1000 word report on return from the study tour by 31 July 2018.
The Prizes cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If the Prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
Prize Claim Date
Prizes must be claimed within 3 months of the end of the Promotional Period.
Unclaimed Prize Arrangements
If a Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date or the entry is deemed invalid, the next best entry, as determined by the judge(s) shall be awarded the Prize.
The same project may be entered in more than one category or an entrant may enter more than one project, provided they meet the specified criteria relevant for each separate category entered. A separate entry form is required for each category and project that the entrant participates in.
Additional Terms – Use of entries
By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant assigns all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter the Intergrain Timber Vision Awards 2017 and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible person. Return of the prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- Each entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with these Terms and Conditions at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to an entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of these Terms and Conditions generally.
- Incomplete and indecipherable entries and any entry which has incorrectly entered personal information or contact details shall be deemed an invalid entry. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late, lost, misdirected, ineligible or illegible/inaudible entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged proof of entry or things required by the Verification Requirements).
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Term and Conditions and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid, and/or prohibit further participation by an entrant in this Promotion or a prize event/activity if the entrant:
- disrupts, annoys, abuses, threatens, harasses or attempts to do any of these things to the Promoter, another entrant or potential entrant of, or anyone else associated with, this Promotion;
- submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process; or
- engages in conduct in relation to this Promotion which is misleading, deceptive, fraudulent or damaging to the Promoter's goodwill or reputation.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Intergrain Timber Vision Awards 2017, as appropriate.
- Entries must be the entrant's original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant's original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
- An entrant's entry must not include:
- any image or voice of any other person without that person's express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
- any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant's entry.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter and will be deemed to have been received at the time of receipt by the Promoter. Online and other electronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Each entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the prize(s). Any entrant, prize winner and/or participants in a Promotion event may be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and waiver of liability for participation in the Promotion or a Prize event and to expressly acknowledge that entry into this Promotion or participation in a Promotion event or Prize may be inherently dangerous, and that if they choose to participate they will do so at their own risk. A reasonable level of health and fitness may be required. The Promoter reserves the right to preclude participation of anyone refusing to sign the acknowledgement/waiver or any person who is suffering from asthma, epilepsy, significant back or neck problems, physical or mental disabilities, or is pregnant or in the Promoter's sole discretion is not able or suitable to participate in any of the experiences for reasons of the participant's own or anyone else's safety.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion website are the entrant’s responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Entrants must submit their entries and/or claims manually using an internet browser.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise, injury or damage to entries or to participants' or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the competition subject to approval from any relevant authority.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- As a condition of claiming a prize, the Participant may be required to (at the Promoter’s discretion) sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Each entrant completely releases Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from any and all liability.
- The prize(s) and/or parts of the prize(s) is/are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless the prize is cash). If a prize, or an element of a prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that prize, or element of it, subject to the approval of any relevant authority. The Promoter and its representatives will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render entries submitted using such means as invalid.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Entrants irrevocably consent and assign to the Promoter all intellectual property including copyright in the images submitted by them during this competition. Entrants also irrevocably consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties required for the provision of the Prize. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may disclose the information for those purposes to its related bodies corporate and contractors. If entrants do not provide the information requested they will not be able to enter the Promotion.
- In addition to the privacy term set out above, if the entrant has ticked the "opt-in" box, the Promoter may also use personal information entrants provide to send information about the Promoters products and services (including via electronic means), and may disclose the information to its related bodies corporate, agencies and contractors (including call centres, advertising agencies and direct mail houses) the Promoter engages for that purpose.
- CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to refer the matter to law enforcement authorities and/or to seek damages or such other civil remedies as the Promoter may determine from time to time to the fullest extent permitted by law.